Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A little surprise

I never noticed I've always had this kind of Protestant mindset since I was a kid although I was raised Catholic D8 (Of course I didn't know any Protestants and what they believed back then).

I've always prayed to Jesus since I was taught The Lord's Prayer at the age of 4. Every time I prayed, I prayed to Him alone. To me He's always been the only One that I should really pray to, while my mom and aunts also stressed on praying to Mary. Occasionally I'd pray the rosary, but it was because the nuns or my mom told me to do so. Most of the time I'd forget if I wasn't reminded (sometimes I even felt guilty about that xD). Also, I didn't care much about praying to (and touching) the statues like my mom and other people did. Even when I tried praying to them, it felt fake. No, like, seriously, I didn't receive any kind of divine feelings from those statues. But it's different with the cross. I could always sense an undescribable power coming from it even though my faith was not so strong.

Oh well, I guess I'm somewhat, erm, non-denominational right now (my mom'd probably tell me there's no such thing lol xD). I keep and respect certain beliefs and traditions of both Catholicism and Protestantism, believing that they will help strengthen my relationship with God. I'm willing to go to either of these branches' church as long as I could worship there. Sometimes I wonder if it's wrong to be "half-hearted" like that, but then I think...

God will not send me to Hell for not being a member of any specific denomination and not keeping all of their traditions, right? I believe what He really wants is the Unity of the churches, not the Division of denominations. He needs our hearts, not the traditions. In my opinion, traditions and rules were originally set up by God to keep our focus on Him and to guard our hearts against the devil, but eventually humans invented and added their own rules to the doctrines of their denominations, assuming that those are God-inspired and holy. But even so, I can't really tell what's of God and what's of man every now and then. I don't know that much about the Bible, sadly.

I wish I could go to Bible study every day... I seem to absorb more of God's Word when I'm among other believers O__O Unfortunately I slack off when I'm by myself xD

No comments:

Post a Comment