Sunday, March 7, 2010

A reminder

In remembrance of Me eat this bread
In remembrance of Me drink this wine
In remembrance of Me pray for the time

Just how forgetful can we get when Sunday's over?

A few years ago, I used to completely forget about Him right after I got out of church and after prayer times (My family rarely talked about God after Sundays and I grew up that way). I was taking communion habitually without understanding the real purpose of it. I never realized how unthankful I was.

But now I dare not forget about Him. And the more often I think oft Him, the higher the standard of life He wants me to live.

The Gospel has to be brought to people with passion, or else nobody will ever remember it. This, in my opinion, is what many churches lack.

Traditions and regulations (or the supposedly right things we are told do & obey) are dangerous in a way because they can turn us into mass-produced robots with all programmed actions. The right place to plant them is not our minds, but rather, our hearts, where absolute submission is found.

No comments:

Post a Comment