Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's not about the turkey



On this Thanksgiving day, I would like to thank God for creating me and opening the artistic path for me and others to walk on. Of course there are millions of other things that I'm grateful for, but it'll take a lifetime to list them all out.
-------------------------------------

I believe painting/drawing is a spiritual process because the artist in some way has to distribute part of his soul, or inner-being, to the picture for it to have a "life" of its own.
Didn't God create Adam in the same way?
The power of artistic creation is not something that can be explain thoroughly by science. When we appreaciate a work of art, it is truly our souls that react to it and not just our physical organs like eyes or brain. That is why art is a form of spirit-to-spirit communication. I respect and need you, Mr. Science, but you are not my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment