Thursday, May 5, 2011

Words of Wisdom - May 5


"Using reference is essential. There are many things you wouldn’t come up with if you are only working from memory and imagination."

"...no matter what I’m painting I always start out rough and lose. You can add the details later. The image has to read at a rough stage already. I’m also always aware of the lighting before I do my first stroke."

"When I start a painting I’m thinking in shapes rather than in lines. Often times I don’t even do a drawing and start blocking in shapes directly. But it all depends. If I have a specific idea in mind I would start with a linedrawing. The key is to keep it rough and fast in the beginning."

"The most important thing is that you love and have fun at what you do.
Work hard and eliminate your weaknesses step by step. Not all at once.
The key is to stay focused on your goals. Never be scared of Failing. Failing is good and necessary for you to grow."

-Goro Fujita

No comments:

Post a Comment