Friday, September 16, 2011

Here goes my first 3-D design project.

This is made completely out of paper (mostly cardboard, illustration board, and poster board). The lid can be opened/closed, and all of the 85 keys are pushable (they also make that real "keyboard" sound when you tap them, according to my classmates). I could not find any tutorials on making a paper laptop like this so i had to come up with all the steps by myself. It was a traumatic process, but persistence brought me through it.

Got a C because of the sloppiness (I am by no means an artisan and never will be), but all I care about is that this is the most complicated thing I have ever crafted out of paper, and I thanked myself for not quitting.

just a minor detail:
the CD tray was actually ejectable (manually) before i glued everything down.

No comments:

Post a Comment