Thursday, February 3, 2011

Painted in SAI.
 Reference
I'm trying to explore the placement of colors in a painting. The subject will automatically become pleasant to look at when you place the right color and value at the right place.
Plus I love moray eels! I'd never drawn or painted any aquatic creatures other than kindergarten-level smiley fish and crabs so this is like a whole new world to me. Who would think I would have so much fun painting an eel one day lol. I'm having problems with the highlights (it's hard to make things look deliciously shiny!), but I'm not giving up yet.
I started on this this afternoon since it was quiet and all. I actually wanted to paint it last night before I went to bed, but it was way too late for any artistic adventures to take place, so.

No comments:

Post a Comment