Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just some boring comments

So I've watched 40 Bleach episodes in 3 days, which is my most recent personal record (my first record was finishing Drrr! in 3 or 4 days). It's really something considering the fact that I don't even like anime to begin with. I probably don't mind the stiff animation as long as the story and characters are intriguing enough to keep me on my seat.

It's been enjoyable thanks to the characters that appears later. I'm not attracted to the main characters since they have extremely cliché appearances (I've seen a zillion protagonists like Ichigo etc etc). I already knew Ichigo would get stronger every time he faces a high-level opponent (everyone's been his training target so far). What keeps my interest are some of the funny-looking captains and lieutenants. All of them look like they always have something fascinating up their sleeves.
And then when they were talking about Shiba Kaien, I was like, wait what, why does that sound so freaking  familiar... OH IT'S THAT AMAZING ARTIST ON DEVIANTART LOL.

I can't wait to get to the later arc with the Espada (derp yes, spoilers. I tried not to read too much). The character designs already got me excited (esp. Ulquiorra). After all, I decided to give this series a try after accidentally watching a certain episode last weekend in which there were 2 Espada members.

But what REALLY surprises me is the fact that I came up with pretty much the same basic ideas about this whole shinigami deal with talking "scythes" (in my case) having names and human forms in 2007 (without knowing anything about Bleach, of course):
(This is probably the lamest design one could come up with)

Anyway, I scrapped those ideas a long time ago and did not plan on develop them (it's too late for that now!). Lesson learned: I won't come up a death god oc ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment